[Numpy-discussion] What is an empty matrix ?

John Reid j.reid@mail.cryst.bbk.ac...
Thu Jul 5 06:45:17 CDT 2007

Ok so crashing is always bad. What I should have said is that I think
errors are bad in almost all cases as well. The norm returning zero
seems sensible to me so perhaps inversions and such should raise exceptions.

I would much prefer no errors were raised except where necessary.

Like I said I tend to find that if I write code that handles the
non-empty case naturally then I don't have to change it to do something
sensible for the empty boundary case.

John.