[Numpy-discussion] NumPy/SciPy LAPACK version

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Jul 16 11:41:00 CDT 2007

Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@bioinformed.com> wrote:
> Mea culpa on the msqrt example, however I still think it is wrong to get
> a complex square-root back when a real valued result is expected and exists.

No, in floating point you accumulate error. Those 1e-22j's are part of the
actual result. Some systems like MATLAB implicitly silent such small imaginary
components; we don't.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."