[Numpy-discussion] tofile speed

Lars Friedrich lfriedri@imtek...
Tue Jul 24 01:16:04 CDT 2007

Hello everyone,

thank you for the replies.

Sebastian, the chunk size is roughly 4*10^6 samples, with two byte per
sample, this is about 8MB. I can vary this size, but increasing it only
helps for much smaller values. For example, when I use a size of 100
Samples, I am much too slow. It gets better for 1000 Samples, 10000
Samples and so on. But since I already reached a chunksize in the region
of megabytes, I have difficulties to increase my buffer size further. I
also have the feeling that increasing does not help in this size region.
(correct me if I am wrong...)

Chuck, I am using a Windows XP system with a new (few months old) Maxtor
SATA-drive.

Lars