[Numpy-discussion] build on windows 64-bit platform

Pearu Peterson pearu@cens.ioc...
Fri Jul 27 09:54:45 CDT 2007

Stefan van der Walt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The build is still failing on winXP 64-bit, as shown on the buildbot
> page
>
> http://buildbot.scipy.org/Windows%20XP%20x86_64%20MSVC/builds/25/step-shell/0
>
> with the error
>
> AttributeError: MSVCCompiler instance has no attribute '_MSVCCompiler__root'
>
> Could someone familiar with the MSVC compilers please take a look?

I think the problem is in the environment of the buildbot machine
`Windows XP x86_64 MSVC`. Basically, I would try setting the following
environment variables in this machine:
   DISTUTILS_USE_SDK and MSSdk
Then the build might succeed.

For more information, read the code in Python distutils/msvccompiler.py
file.

Pearu