[Numpy-discussion] column_stack with mixed data types

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Jul 30 17:26:19 CDT 2007

Ryan Krauss wrote:
> In writing a function to parse my data, I ran into some unexpected
> behavior.  Is it intentional that a recarray can only be created by a
> list of tuples and not by a list of lists?

Yeah. The array() constructor needs some information for it to work its magic.
Requiring tuples for the actual records is an arbitrary choice, but a reasonable
one given that.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."