[Numpy-discussion] Installing from egg ?

Gary Pajer gary.pajer@gmail....
Fri Jun 1 17:40:04 CDT 2007

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm starting to install things
using easy_install.  I'm very new at this, and it's not going well.
python 2.5 / WinXP (and Kubuntu, but we'll start with Windows)

if I type
easy_install numpy

stuff downloads, but stops with a prompt to select a compiler by
passing -c xxxxx to setup.py.  I have Mingw installed, and atlas
binaries, and have no trouble building numpy from svn the old
fashioned way.   Is the behavior up to now expected?  How do I pass -c
to setup.py via easy_install (misnamed, imho.  maybe mho will chage
with time)

regards, gary