[Numpy-discussion] are there any numpy equivalents to MATLAB nnz(), sparse(), sparsity()?

Bill Baxter wbaxter@gmail....
Sun Jun 3 15:05:17 CDT 2007

There is a scipy.sparse package but it seems to be fairly limited currently.
Anyway there's definitely nothing like MATLAB's ability to change a
matrix to sparse and still use most of the algorithms on it.
Good sparse support vs. not so much sparse support should probably be
added to the big feature comparison chart on the scipy for MATLAB
users page.

--bb