[Numpy-discussion] randint for long type (permutations)

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jun 15 13:03:37 CDT 2007

Will Woods wrote:

> The range of N I need is from 5-100, which spans the highly likely to
> highly improbable for M around 1000-10000. The permutation can be
> derived from an integer using the algorithm here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permutation

Actually, I take it back. It's not as bad as I thought it was. However, instead
of cobbling together the bits, just use random.randrange().

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco