[Numpy-discussion] SharedLibrary builder (ticket 213)

Mon Jun 18 01:46:38 CDT 2007

Hi,

    following the discussion on using ctypes in scipy, the main problem
seems the inability to build a usable dll usable by ctypes using
distutils. Numpy ticket 213 tackles the issue; as I need it personnally,
I am willing to work on the feature, but I would need a bit some advices
on numpy.distutils:

    - First, is anyone working on the SharedLibrary right now ?
    - how to add a new argument to numpy.distutils.setup ?

The way I see it, but I don't understand the whole distutils arch yet so
I may be wrong, would be to add one argument to the setup function, like
shared_libraries, which would contains a list of objects representing
the libraries (sources, name, etc...), and which would be build by a
special builder. But right now, I don't know how the whole calling
sequence work such as my own builder is called for the items in a given
argument of setup.

    cheers,

    David