[Numpy-discussion] alter_code1 and "from Numeric import *"

Trevor Law lawtrevor@gmail....
Fri Jun 22 18:55:33 CDT 2007

Hello,

I have just tried using alter_code1 on a code tree, and it appears to ignore
"from Numeric import *"
statements (does not change them to "from numpy.oldnumeric import *").  I
looked at the alter_code1.py and it says that the script should warn about
importing *.  Although the script may not be behaving absolutely correctly,
I am more concerned as to whether or not using "from numpy.oldnumeric import
*" is likely to result in undetected (non-syntactic) errors.  Any feedback
would be welcome.

Thank you for your time,

Trevor Law