[Numpy-discussion] Unhandled floating point exception running test in numpy-1.0.3 and svn 3875

Stefan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Sat Jun 23 15:54:50 CDT 2007

Hi John

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 07:35:35PM +0000, John Ollinger wrote:

> I have just been updating our version of Python, numpy and scipy and have run
> into a floating point exception that crashes Python when I test the release.
>
> I am running gcc 3.3.1 on SuSe Linux 2.4.21-144-smp4G.  The error first occurred
> with numpy-1.0.3.  I downloaded svn 3875 when I then read the scipy web page and
> installed the latest subversion. The test command I am using is
>
> python -c 'import numpy; numpy.test(level=1,verbosity==2)'
>
> and occurs during the matvec test.  This test uses rand to generate
> 10x8 and 8x1

It may be worth checking whether the new version of numpy is picked
up.  You can do that using

import numpy as N
print N.__version__

We have a build slave with a very similar setup to yours (see
http://buildbot.scipy.org) and everything seems to be fine.

Regards
Stéfan