[Numpy-discussion] annoying numpy string to float conversion behaviour

Andrew Straw strawman@astraw....
Mon Jun 25 21:51:39 CDT 2007

Torgil Svensson wrote:

> OS-specific routines (probably the c-library, haven't looked).  I
> think python should be consistent regarding this across platforms but
> I don't know if different c-libraries generates different strings for
> special numbers. Anyone?

Windows and Linux certainly generate different strings for special
numbers from current Python, and I guess the origin is the libc on those
platforms. But, as Python is moving away from the libc for file IO in
Python 3K, perhaps string representation of floats would be considered,
too. (In fact for all I know, perhaps it has already been considered.)
Maybe you should email the python-3k-dev list?

-Andrew