[Numpy-discussion] NumPy name? homepage?

Kevin Christman kchristman54@yahoo....
Tue Jun 26 23:33:52 CDT 2007

I'm doing a quick cleanup of NumPy on wikipedia.

1. What is the proper name? NumPy or Numerical Python? (I understand that numarray and numeric are older, and now deprecated versions.) If it is NumPy then I would suggest renaming the page to that and then *only* talk about the other (confusing) names in the History of NumPy section.
2. What is the proper homepage for NumPy? Is it numpy.scipy.org or www.scipy.org/numpy or is there another? The page http://www.scipy.org/SciPyDotOrg references both.
3. What is the status of the "copyright" of the screenshots of SciPy/NumPy on the scipy homepage?  The SciPy page on wikipedia probably needs a screenshot, or somebody needs to make one and upload it.

Thanks,

Kevin