[Numpy-discussion] Problems with RandomArray

Alexander Dietz Alexander.Dietz@astro.cf.ac...
Thu Jun 28 04:31:08 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am not sure how to subscribe to this mailing list (there was no link for
that, just this email adress), but hopefully someone will get this email and
can me subscribe to this list, answer my question or ask someone else.

Anyway, here is my question:

I am using python with matplotlib version 0.90.1 and with numpy (as
recommended), on a Linux box. So far matplotlib and numpy is working, but I
need to use RandomArray! So, RandomArray can be found in the "Numerical
Python" documentation and RandomArray.py can also be found within the
"numeric" directory. If including this to my PYTHONPATH variable I can
import RandomArray and also use some of the functions! But the function I am
interested in is: multivariate_normal. When I try to use this function
python stops responding, I have to kill python from outside!
Is there a way to make this function work? Or maybe there is a quick
workaround using functions in random and else? That would be really great!

Cheers
  Alex