[Numpy-discussion] Buffer PEP in NumPy SVN

Torgil Svensson torgil.svensson@gmail....
Sat Mar 3 16:11:53 CST 2007

Impressive work and an very intresting approach.

I have yet to figure out pros/cons or the variety of options this will
give when writing applications/modules. Big plus for giving ctypes a
way out of their crappy struct definitions.

A few quick questions:

Is the concept here that items always are contiguous in memory (=why
the strides cant be defined in the format-spec) ?
What will PyObject_SizeFromFormat(''(5,5)5t") return ?
What are the total memory size of format:'5t'
shape:ndim=2,shape=(5,5),strides=NULL ?
Huw would the "getbufferproc" function signature look inside the
"X{}"-format spec ?

//Torgil