[Numpy-discussion] First Numerical Python code...comments?

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Sun Mar 4 13:29:50 CST 2007

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007, "Steven H. Rogers" apparently wrote:
> At PyCon, Guido said that range would have xrange behavior and the old
> range would be deprecated in Python 3.0.  This may be back-ported to 2.6.

Did he discuss whether the change in ``zip`` is still
planned?  Unlike the change in range, I find the proposed
change in ``zip`` not to be innocuous. (I.e., I'm sure some
of my code will fail if my zip object is empty after
iteration.)

Cheers,
Alan