[Numpy-discussion] Problem compiling numpy with Python 2.5 on Powerbook

Roberto De Almeida roberto@dealmeida....
Thu Mar 8 12:49:13 CST 2007

Hi, guys.

I'm trying to install numpy from subversion on my Powerbook 12", from
a fresh install (Mac OS X 10.4.8). I downloaded the official universal
Python 2.5 from python.org, and installed GCC
(powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.0) from XCode.

Installation fails with the message:

   gcc: installation problem, cannot exec
'i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.0': No such file or directory

(The full log is attached.)

Numpy 1.0.1 also fails. Any hints? Could this be because I'm using the
universal binary for Python?

Thanks,
--Rob