[Numpy-discussion] cannot pickle large numpy objects when memory resources are already stressed

Glen W. Mabey Glen.Mabey@swri....
Wed Mar 14 11:54:50 CDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 09:46:46AM -0700, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Perhaps when the new bytes type is added to Python we will have a way to
> view a memory area as a bytes object and be able to make a pickle
> without creating that extra copy in memory.

Perhaps this is an aspect that could be mentioned in the PEP as
motivation?

It seems kind of minor though; there certainly are more compelling
justifications for the PEP.

Thanks,
Glen