[Numpy-discussion] Nonblocking Plots with Matplotlib

Christian ckkart@hoc....
Tue Mar 20 01:03:16 CDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> On 3/20/07, Christian K. <ckkart@hoc.net> wrote:
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> I just tried ezplot and encountered some problems:
>>
>> In [1]: import ezplot
>> In [2]: p = ezplot.Plotter()
>> In [3]: p.plot([1,2,3],[1,4,9],marker='o')
>>
>> At this point a window pops up for a second, closes again and plot does not
>> return.
>>
>> I'm running python 2.4.4 on kubuntu linux with wxPython 2.6.3.3, twisted 2.4.
>>
>> Any ideas how to solve that?
>
> Can you see if you can run the plotserver directly?
>     python plotserver.py

I found out that my version of matplotlib (0.87.7) does not know all methods
that ezplot is expecting to be known. Thus init_pylab_methods raises an
Exception which was not visible because loggiong to the wx.TextCtrl does not
work - nothing is ever printed there.
I removed the unknown methods and now it works. Very nice work! Once more I am
really impressed by python (and good python programmers).

Christian