[Numpy-discussion] Adapting algorithm to accept Scipy sparse matrix

David Koch ogdude@googlemail....
Wed Mar 21 09:47:55 CDT 2007

Ok, I will bump this once ...

The "worst" problem I encountered is that sparse matrices do not seem to
support the kind of indexing I need. At least I get "NotImplementedError:
sequence indexing not yet fully supported" and "<sparse matrix type>
supports slices only of a single row" errors all the time.

Any advice on how to manage the transition ndarray -> sparse.matrix? Maybe I
should wait until sparse matrix support in NumPy has matured?

Thank you,

David