[Numpy-discussion] matrix indexing question

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Tue Mar 27 07:27:16 CDT 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Bill Baxter apparently wrote:
> xformedPt = someComplicatedNonLinearThing(pt)

> I do stuff like the above quite frequently in my code,
> although with arrays rather than matrices.

Exactly: that was one other thing I found artificial.
Surely the points will then be wanted as arrays.

So my view is that we still do not have a use case
for wanting matrices yielded when iterating across
rows of a matrix.

Alan Isaac

PS In the "large number of points" case, the thing to
do would be to extract modest sized submatrices.