[Numpy-discussion] masked array with mask an instance of numpy.memmap

Glen W. Mabey Glen.Mabey@swri....
Tue Mar 27 17:47:24 CDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 06:35:51PM -0400, Pierre GM wrote:

> > Whoa.  You didn't mean numpy SVN, I take it.  So, will numpy.median not
> > ever take into account the mask?
>
> Mmh, that should be part of numpy.core.ma instead: let's keep the masked
> arrays a bit on the side.
>
> > And, how recently did you upload them?  I updated scipy today and I
> > still get:
>
> Ah, sorry, I should have been clearer: scipy SVN,
> sandbox/maskedarray/mstats.py is the file I was mentioning. That's more of a
> place holder than an actual library at this point, I'll update it regularly
> when the need arises.
> I can't start messing with scipy.stats to take masked array into accounts , as
> I'm far too biased towards maskedarray vs numpy.core.ma.

Uh, forgive me but I'm gleaning from your comments that numpy.ma is not
the same as a maskedarray in scipy?

Okay, yup, that's clarified in sandbox/maskedarray/README .

Is there something deficient about numpy.core.ma?

Thanks,
Glen