[Numpy-discussion] Windows binary release?

Francesc Altet faltet@carabos....
Thu Mar 29 12:02:49 CDT 2007

El dj 29 de 03 del 2007 a les 09:42 -0700, en/na Travis Oliphant va
escriure:
> Charles R Harris wrote:
>

> > On 3/28/07, *Travis Oliphant* <oliphant@ee.byu.edu
> > <mailto:oliphant@ee.byu.edu>> wrote:
> >
> >     Christopher Ball wrote:
> >     > Hi,
> >     >
> >     > I wonder if anyone can tell me when the next release is planned? Or
> >     > specifically, any idea when a new Windows binary installer will be
> >     > released?
> >     >

> >     I've been meaning to soon, but I've been stressed with too many things
> >     on my plate.   If anybody would like to take on the role of release
> >     manager, I would welcome the help.
> >

> > Is there any reason we shouldn't just release the development branch
> > at this point? I'm sure there are more bugs to be fixed and more
> > documentation to write, but we could wait forever trying to get
> > everything just right.
>

> I've been going through the tickets and trying to resolve the most
> serious ones.  There is still a memory error in one instance, but I
> think that can wait.  Does anybody else know of a show-stopper bug?

Well, the next are not exactly a show-stopper, but they are a bit
uncomfortable to live with:

#483 Junk in the representation of string fields of recarrays
#479 MemoryError creating recarrays from medium sized python objects

Cheers,

--
Francesc Altet    |  Be careful about using the following code --
Carabos Coop. V.  |  I've only proven that it works,