[Numpy-discussion] NumPy trunk is frozen for upcoming 1.0.4 release

Emanuel Woiski woiski@gmail....
Sun Nov 4 13:53:51 CST 2007

On Nov 4, 2007 5:15 PM, Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu> wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2007 11:06 AM, Albert Strasheim <fullung@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Things mostly look good as far as the buildslaves are concerned, except
> on
> > Windows x64, where one of the regression tests is failing:
> >

> http://buildbot.scipy.org/Windows%20XP%20x86_64%20MSVC/builds/163/step-shell_2/0
>
> Hello,
>
> Can someone take a look at the problem with NumPy on Windows XP?

Dear Sirs
I am havig a lot of trouble for quite some time wih numpy - scipy Windows
binaries for old AMD (pre-XP) processors. Since I teach in a lab with lots
of machines using that kind of processor, I got stuck with numpy 1.0rc2 and
scipy 0.5.1, which is, believe me, the only combination that woks...Well not
only tests fail but Python crashes!
FYI there are many people over the world still using not-so-recent
computers...
Yes I have tried s0.6 and n1.0.3.1 without success.

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Jarrod Millman
> Computational Infrastructure for Research Labs
> 10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley
> phone: 510.643.4014
> http://cirl.berkeley.edu/

Regards