[Numpy-discussion] Assessing the use of packages

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Nov 6 12:25:31 CST 2007

Pierre GM wrote:
> All,
>
> It's evaluation time in my department (Bio. & Ag. Engng, UGA), and I'd need to
> document the impact of my Python contributions on the scientific community at
> large, or more realistically on the numpy/scipy user community...
>
> * Is there a way to estimate how many people installed one particular package
> from the SVN ?

No. We could only record who has checked them out from SVN. However, everyone
who has checked out the scipy trunk will have gotten the packages you are
concerned with. Whether or not they've built them or used them is another matter
which we cannot determine.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."