[Numpy-discussion] Why is g++ used for link with mingw ?

Thu Nov 8 01:45:31 CST 2007

Hi,

    I was wondering why the linking was done with g++ with mingw in
numpy.distutils ? (I got some trouble because some function in math
library are only defined for gcc and not g++, for example atanhf). This
also means that g++ is required to build numpy, which is a bit strange
since there is not a single C++ line; is there an issue I am missing, or
is this legacy (the mingw tools in numpy.distutils seems to be 6 years
old from the comments).

cheers,

David