[Numpy-discussion] numpy 1.04 numpy.test() hang

Geoffrey Zhu zyzhu2000@gmail....
Fri Nov 9 10:52:55 CST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 10:14 AM, Geoffrey Zhu <zyzhu2000@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2007 10:06 PM, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> >
> > Geoffrey Zhu wrote:

> > > Thanks for the hint, Robert.
> > >
> > > It hangs on  check_cdouble (numpy.tests.test_linalg.test_det).
> > >

> > > Also testip_not_allclose() had three warnings. I guess that's probably okay.
> > >
> > > testip_not_allclose (numpy.core.tests.test_numeric.test_allclose_inf) ...
> > > Warning: invalid value encountered in absolute
> > > Warning: invalid value encountered in absolute
> > > Warning: invalid value encountered in less_equal
> > > ok
> > >
> > Are you on x86-64, too ? Which BLAS are you using ? This smells like a
> > C/Fortran problem (because it happens with complex values only).
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > David

> Hi David,
>
> Although the processor is Intel Duo Core E6700, which supports x86-64,
> I am only using 32-bit Windows XP. I am not using my own BLAS. I am
> simply using the pre-compiled binary. I installed 1.04 over the old
> 1.031. I don't know if it is caused by some files that are left
> behind.
>
> Thanks,
> Geoffrey

Okay. I verified (by looking at which DLL python.exe actually loads)
that it is using _dotblas.pyd under
C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core that came with the pre-built
1.04 binary. It is not using any left-over from 1.031.