[Numpy-discussion] f2py cannot find gfortran compiler on OSX 10.5

Chris listservs@mac....
Mon Nov 12 23:09:13 CST 2007

I've just upgraded my OSX system to Leopard, and have successfully build
numpy from scratch. I am trying to build some code, which includes f2py
extensions, that build successfully on 10.4. I have the gfortran compiler
installed, and am building my code using:

python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler gnu95 build

However, when I run this, I get the following error when the Fortran code
compiles:

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'compile'

Is there any reason that gnu95 no longer would find gfortran? I have
confirmed that the compiler is in my path.

Thanks.