[Numpy-discussion] Proposing Ubiquity

dieter h. vel.accel@gmail....
Tue Nov 13 07:29:40 CST 2007

Hi all,

Would it make sense for all functionality in Numpy/Scipy to have
ubiquitous returns? In that I'm proposing that every func/method
(where appropriate) have a flag in its arg list establishing a return
for either [INDEX, BOOLEAN, VALUE=default]. this could be by a
singular Enum flag, I believe. Obvioulsy, this proposal gives the
option for a return of Index/Bool to be used for Indexing arrays, or
the actual values. Since I mosty index existing arrays, this would be
a huge plus for me.

Thanks
-Dieter