[Numpy-discussion] Problem with numpy.linalg.eig?

Geoffrey Zhu zyzhu2000@gmail....
Tue Nov 13 11:43:27 CST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 2:37 AM, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Geoffrey Zhu wrote:
> >
> > Yes, with the MSI I can always reproduce the problem with
> > numpy.test(). It always hangs.With the egg it does not hang. Pointer
> > problems are usually random, but not random if we are using the same
> > binaries in EGG and MSI and variables are always initialized to
> > certain value.
> Ok, could you try this:
>
> http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/archives/numpy-1.0.4.win32-py2.5.msi
>
> I built it with mingwin, and with NETLIB BLAS/LAPACK. This is just for
> testing, do not use it for anything else.
>

> David

I just tried. Your new MSI does not hang on numpy.test() and the OP's
test case, and it seems faster.

The EGG version does not hang on numpy.test() but does on OP's test.

The original MSI version hangs on numpy.test() if I open IDLE and type

import numpy
numpy.test()

If I try the OP's test first, once it hang on "from numpy.linalg
import eig" and the other time it ran successfully. After it ran
successfully, it ran numpy.test() successfully, too.

As you said, it is random.