[Numpy-discussion] Warnings as exceptions?

Timothy Hochberg tim.hochberg@ieee....
Tue Nov 13 13:02:42 CST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 11:48 AM, Michael McNeil Forbes <mforbes@physics.ubc.ca>
wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2007, at 8:46 AM, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:
>
> > Michael McNeil Forbes wrote:
> >> Why are numpy warnings printed rather than issued using the standard
> >> warnings library? ... in util.py ...
> > The "warn" option explicitly allows you to use the warnings library.
> > There is already the "print" mode which is in fact the default.
> I see now that it works exactly like I expected.  I got confused by
> the default and then looked in util.py in the old *numarray* code by
> mistake...

Ooops. I should have known that. The docstring for seterr should be adjusted
since it does not list "print" as an option. I'll try to do it if no one
gets to it first.

> Thanks.  Michael.

.  __
.   |-\