[Numpy-discussion] Problem with numpy.linalg.eig?

Keith Goodman kwgoodman@gmail....
Wed Nov 14 08:51:48 CST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 8:42 PM, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Keith Goodman wrote:

> >> Could you friend try the binaries there:
> >>
> >> http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2007-November/029811.html
> >>
> >> This may be a problem related to the blas/lapack used for the
> >> binaries. The binaries posted above use non optimized BLAS/LAPACK (I
> >> can update to 1.0.4 if this is a problem).
> >>

> > He tried. But he is using python 2.4. (He said your binary was for 2.5).
> >
> Here we are:
>
> http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/archives/numpy-1.0.4.win32-py2.4.exe

Thank you. He said it worked. He didn't even notice a slow down
without ATLAS. On some calculations the results were different
(between 1.0.2 and 1.0.4) in the last three decimal places. But that's
to be expected, right? ATLAS must give different results than the non
optimized alternative.