[Numpy-discussion] Problem with numpy.linalg.eig?

Thu Nov 15 22:23:13 CST 2007

Michael McNeil Forbes wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2007, at 9:43 AM, Geoffrey Zhu wrote:
>
>> On Nov 13, 2007 2:37 AM, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-
>> u.ac.jp> wrote:

>> The original MSI version hangs on numpy.test() if I open IDLE and type
>>
>> import numpy
>> numpy.test()
>>
>> If I try the OP's test first, once it hang on "from numpy.linalg
>> import eig" and the other time it ran successfully. After it ran
>> successfully, it ran numpy.test() successfully, too.
>>
>> As you said, it is random.
>>

> I have also been having random problems with the latest numpy from
> svn built on an Intel core 2 Duo Linux box running in 64 bit mode
> under Red Hat 3.4.6-8 with the gcc 3.4.6 20060404 and ATLAS 3.8.0.

Could you try without atlas ? Also, how did you configure atlas when
building it ? It seems that atlas is definitely part of the problem
(everybody having the problem does use atlas), and that it involves Core
2 duo.

David