[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] Release of the first PyTables video

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer ivilata@carabos....
Sun Nov 18 10:51:56 CST 2007

Steve Lianoglou (el 2007-11-17 a les 10:10:15 -0500) va dir::

> > `Carabos <http://www.carabos.com/>`_ is very proud to announce the
> > first of a series of videos dedicated to introducing the main features
> > of PyTables to the public in a visual and easy to grasp manner.
>
> I just got a chance to watch the video and wanted to thank you for
> putting that together.

Oh, it's a pleasure to hear that people enjoyed our video, specially
since it's our vey first published attempt at screencasts. :)

> I've always been meaning to check out PyTables but haven't had the
> time to figure out how to work it on to potentially replace my hacked-
> together data storage schemes, so these videos are a great help.

Though we put a lot of effort in the written tutorials, we also thought
that watching an interactive session would be an incomparable way of
showing how it really feels to work with PyTables.  It's also quite fun,
so I recommend both developers and users to try and record and publish
your own videos of your favorite tools! :)

> Looking forward to your next video!

We're currently working on it and it may get released in a couple of
weeks or so.  We'll probably only be announcing it in the PyTables lists
and in our websites, to avoid flooding other lists with announces.

Best regards,

::

	Ivan Vilata i Balaguer   >qo<   http://www.carabos.com/
	       Cárabos Coop. V.  V  V   Enjoy Data