[Numpy-discussion] numpy : your experiences?

Tue Nov 20 02:41:24 CST 2007

> a) Can you guys tell me briefly about the kind of problems you are
> tackling with numpy and scipy?

Manifold learning, and thus unconstrianed optimizations

b) Have you ever felt that numpy/scipy was slow and had to switch to
> C/C++/Fortran?

Not if it is done correctly (I just kept some piece of my old C++ code
beacsue I didn't want to rewrite it)

c) Do you use any form of parallel processing? Multicores? SMPs?
> Clusters? If yes how did u utilize them?

Not for the moment, but I'm thinking about how to use it easily (free lunch)

Matthieu
--
French PhD student
Website : http://miles.developpez.com/