[Numpy-discussion] swig numpy2carray converters

Mon Nov 26 16:52:36 CST 2007

Bill Spotz wrote:
> First, my plan is to add to numpy.i, typemaps for signatures like the
> following:
>
>      %typemap(argout) (double** ARGOUT_ARRAY1, int* DIM1)
>
> It is important to note that even though the same argument *names*
> are used, this is a different typemap signature than
>
>      %typemap(argout) (double* ARGOUT_ARRAY1, int DIM1)
>
> and thus can have (logically) different implementations.

maybe it's a good idea to give the arguments different names, though,
just for clarity.

> As for having a COPY version of the first typemap signature (in
> addition to the non-copy, or "view" version), I currently do not plan
> to do this.

I think you've got it right.

Thanks for all this!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov