[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-dev] adopting Python Style Guide for classes

David M. Cooke cookedm@physics.mcmaster...
Thu Oct 4 12:08:08 CDT 2007

Alan G Isaac <aisaac@american.edu> writes:

> To help me understand, might someone offer some examples of
> NumPy names that really should be changed?

Internal classes, like:
- nd_grid, etc. in numpy/lib/index_tricks.py
- masked_unary_operation, etc. in numpy/core/ma.py

Things we probably wouldn't change:
- array-like things, such as numpy.lib.polynomial.poly1d
- ufuncs implemented in Python like vectorize
- distributions from scipy.stats

In numpy, outside of tests, distutils, and f2py, there's actually not
that many classes defined in Python (as opposed to C). In scipy, most
non-testing classes are already CamelCase (one exception is weave).