[Numpy-discussion] numpy/Windows shared arrays between processes?

Thu Oct 11 06:09:04 CDT 2007

> > I don't what he meant by a broken libc, if it is the fact that there
> > is a lot of deprecated standard functions, I don't call it broken
> > (besides, this deprecation follows a technical paper that describe the
> > new safe functions, although it does not deprecate these functions).
> If unilaterally deprecating standard functions which exist for years is
> not broken, I really wonder what is :)

They are deprecated (although a simple flag can get rid of those
deprecation) not removed. Besides, the deprecated functions are in fact
functions that can lead to security issues (for the first time Microsoft did
something not completely stupid about this topic), so telling that the
programmer should not use them but more secure one may be seen as a good
idea (from a certain point of view).

Matthieu