[Numpy-discussion] setting the attributes of an array of object

Sebastian Haase haase@msg.ucsf....
Tue Oct 16 10:47:35 CDT 2007

Hi,
there is a way of doing this. As far as I know, you have to create
your own "version of numpy arrays". E. g. try this:
class myNumpy(numpy.ndarray):
     pass

Then creating an instance as in
a = myNumpy(otherNumpyArray)

would make `a` behave just like any other array, except that you CAN
attach attributes to it.

Be carefull that some (many / most ?) operations on that array will
return you a normal numpy array again.

I don't understand the reasons behind all of this.

HTH,
Sebastian Haase