[Numpy-discussion] Error in deallocation ?

Wed Oct 17 08:27:24 CDT 2007

Matthieu Brucher wrote:

>     > I wish I could, but this behaviour only shows up on this
>     peculiar data
>     > set :(
>     It always happens at the same time ?
>

> Yes.
> Perhaps debugging the process will sort things out ?
As said, my approach to debugging this kind of thing is to get out of
python ASAP. And once you manage to reproduce the result when calling
only a couple of python functions, then you use massif or memcheck.

The reason to get out of python is that tools like valgrind can only
give you meaningful informations at the C level, and it is difficult to
make the link between C and python calls, if not impossible in all but
trivial cases.

But when you can get this kind of graphs:

http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/ms-manual.html

Then the problem is "solved", at least in my limited experience.

David