[Numpy-discussion] Error in deallocation ?

Wed Oct 17 09:14:28 CDT 2007

Matthieu Brucher wrote:

>     > I agree with you, the problem is that I do not use directly C
>     > functions and that I do not know how I can reproduce the result
>     with a
>     > minimal example.
>     Yes, that's why I suggested looking at the memory usage (using top or
>     something else). Because maybe the problem can be spotted long before
>     seeing it happening, hence having smaller code (which you could e.g.
>     post, etc...)
>

> For the moment nothing unusual, the memory use seems to be stable.
>

>     But if you can reproduce it with 128*128 images, then maybe it is
>     quick
>     enough to run the whole thing under massif ?
>

> I'll try it this night (because it is very very long, so with the
> simulator...)
Yes, that's the worse cases, of course. For those cases, I wish we could
use numpy with COUNT_ALLOCS. Unfortunately, using numpy in this case is
impossible (it crashes at import, and I've never tracked down the
problem; maybe your problem may be enough of an incentive to start again):

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-May/206256.html

cheers,

David