[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.0.4 release

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Thu Oct 18 22:35:59 CDT 2007

Hi all,

After speaking with Travis, I think that we can release NumPy 1.0.4 by
the end of the month.  1.0.3 came out almost 5 months ago and there
have been a number of bug-fixes and other improvements since then.

Please take a look at the 1.0.4 roadmap:
http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.0.4
There are currently 23 active tickets that could use some attention.
Hopefully, we can close as many of these as possible before the
release (some need fixes, some can just be closed if appropriate).  If
you see something that must be addressed before the release, mark it
with a severity level of 'blocker'.

Here is the proposed release schedule:

Monday (10/22)
  * Development Freeze.  After this point, only bug fixes should be checked in.

Sunday (10/28)
  * Release Tagged.  At this point, I will be asking for help from
packagers and testers.

Thursday (11/1)
   * Release Announced.

Thanks,