[Numpy-discussion] How to write unit tests in distutils ?

David M. Cooke cookedm@physics.mcmaster...
Tue Oct 23 11:40:43 CDT 2007

David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:

> Hi,
>
>     I would like to implement some unit tests for the code I am
> producing for scons support. As the numpy unit test is part of
> distutils, there is a bootstrap problem, and I am not sure I understand
> how current unit tests work in distutils: can anyone enlighten me on
> this one ?

You'd probably have better luck running them separately from the numpy
unittests. e.g, 'import numpy.distutils; numpy.distutils.test()'.
Numpy will have to be installed to do so (as opposed to running from the
source directory). Installing numpy before running the tests is good
practice, anyways.