[Numpy-discussion] Memory leak in ndarray

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Fri Oct 26 09:05:08 CDT 2007

On 10/26/07, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/07, Robert Crida <robert.crida@ska.ac.za> wrote:
> > Hi again
> >
> > I watch the VmSize of the process using eg top or ps
> >
> > If a is a list then it remains constant. If a is an ndarray as shown in the
> > example, then the VmSize grows quite rapidly.
> >
> Actually, I did a typo while copying your example. I can confirm the
> memory leak (happen in PyObject_Malloc).

The problem *may* be within the ufunc machinery. I am still
investigating, but since we can reproduce the problem with such a
simple code, it should not be difficult to track down the problem with
high level tools such as valgrind.

David