[Numpy-discussion] Anyone have a well-tested SWIG-based C++ STL valarray <=> numpy.array typemap to share?

Bill Baxter wbaxter@gmail....
Wed Sep 5 13:55:12 CDT 2007

On 9/6/07, Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker@noaa.gov> wrote:
> Bill Spotz wrote:
> However, I'm beginning to have my doubts about valarrays. I'm reading:
>
> Josuttis, Nicolai M. 1999. "The C+= Standard Library: A Tutorial and
> Reference"
>
> It's 8 years old now, but he writes:
>
> "The valarray classes were not designed very well. In fact, nobody tried
> to determine if the specification worked"

I've never read that particular book, but I've also read somewhere
that valarray is pretty useless for serious work.  The timeframe is
probably about the same, though --  I think the last time I used
valarray was about 7-8 years ago.

--bb