[Numpy-discussion] Initial support for sunperf and sun compilers (linux + solaris)

Sun Sep 16 06:39:15 CDT 2007

Ok, I created a numpy branch to implement this, and get something
working. This is still really rough, though. Please check out the
numpy.sunperf branch:

svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/numpy.sunperf

And then, compile it with the following:

SUNPERF=SUNPERFROOT python setup.py build --compiler=sun --fcompiler=sun

where SUNPERFROOT is the root of your sunperf installation (for me:
/opt/sun/sunstudio12/; SUNPERFROOT/lib/ shoudl contain libsunperf.so).
If this works, I will then polish the code to avoid having to set
SUNPERF variable. On Linux, this seems to work (all test pass), but
there may be some things on solaris which prevent it from working. I
have not tested scipy either, so that something you could try also if
numpy works.

cheers,

David