[Numpy-discussion] Using the numpy buildbot for svn branches ?

Stefan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Mon Sep 24 09:00:15 CDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 09:05:57PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> > It should have worked with the first solution. Did you try "trunk", to
> > see if it works ?
> It does not seem to work with only trunk.
> > Is there somewhere the configuration file of the buildbot ?
> > with this line for the SVN step, it should work :
> >
> > factory.addStep(SVN, baseURL="http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/",
> > defaultBranch="trunk")
> I don't know if this is relevant, but in the html generated from the
> trace, there is the following
> (http://buildbot.scipy.org/Linux%20x86%20Ubuntu/builds/131/step-svn/0)
>
> svnurl    'http://scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk'
> Locals
> branch    'branches/numpy.scons'
>
> Which may indicate that trunk is hardcoded in the svn url ?

It is numpy's buildmaster, so nothing is set in stone :) I modified
the configuration file; looks like it is working.

I left the debug interface online, to see how things go.  If we have
abuse from outside, we shall have to switch it off again, but in the
meantime it remains a very useful tool.  Also, remember that some of
the buildclients are personal workstations, so be conservative in
triggering builds.

Cheers
Stéfan