[Numpy-discussion] As seen on PyPI -- a new bindings generator

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Sep 25 11:31:32 CDT 2007

> Looks interesting, esp. for C++ wrappers that Pyrex can't do.
> Also, it uses Waf (http://code.google.com/p/waf/) instead of distutils,
> which looks like an interesting alternative.
Note that waf is more or less a fork of scons, which I suggested using
inside distutils a few days ago :) Waf was started as a project to
build kde, using scons code and forking it, but has a much smaller
userbase than scons, which is the main reason why I did not look too
carefully at it (if you want to see how this work for numpy, you can
take a look at the branch numpy.scons).

cheers,