[Numpy-discussion] confusion in eigenlib code

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Wed Apr 2 16:42:02 CDT 2008

Hi Gordon

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:09 PM, gordon <nodrogbrown@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>  i came across some code for eigenface construction from some
>  images ,using the old Numeric .
>  http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~elec301/Projects99/faces/code.html
>  In the eigenlib.py
>  http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~elec301/Projects99/faces/code/eigenlib.py
>  i  converted the calls to Numeric functions to their numpy equivalents
>  (to linalg.eigh() and numpy.dot())and ran the code.In this eigenlib.py
>  i am confused by some parts where they derrive eigenvectors and sort
>  them

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I'd like to point
you to some more Eigenfaces code.  Have a look at the Py4Science
examples in Matplotlib SVN:

http://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/matplotlib/trunk/py4science/examples/faces/

Regards
Stéfan