[Numpy-discussion] Compile Numpy in VC++8

yunzhi cheng sjtu_yh@yahoo....
Wed Apr 2 21:21:16 CDT 2008

Hi Matthieu,

I have to call a commercial software APIs from Python. If I import Numpy and that software package in one script, they are not compatible. Sometimes error occurs. But either one of them works well in Python. Just they cannot exist together.
The supporters of the commercial software told me that their software is complied in VC++8. It is not compatible with Numpy since Numpy is compiled not in VC++8. So they told me to try to compile Numpy in VC++8.
It is a hard task for me to do that.
But I have to use Numpy in my python script since I want to use some complicated algorithms.
Any help is appreciated.

Yunzhi Cheng

Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher@gmail.com> wrote: Hi,

You can do this if you have Python compiled with VC++8 as well. If not, you can't. Usually, numpy must be compiled with Visual Studio 7.1 or Mingw.

Matthieu

2008/4/2, yunzhi cheng <sjtu_yh@yahoo.com>: Hi Everybody,

I am a new user of Python.
I have to re-compile Numpy in VC++8.
I download the resource files (    numpy-1.0.4.tar.gz    ) of Numpy at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1369&package_id=175103

I am not good at software.
I wonder if anybody give me some instructions to compile it in VC++8.

Best Regards,

Cheng

French PhD student
 LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/matthieubrucher _______________________________________________